Guides and FAQs to Help Navigate the Customer Self Service (CSS) portal and Digital Application Process.
- CSS FAQ - Most frequently asked questions about the Customer Self Service (CSS) portal.
- How to Register for a CSS Account - Step by step guide on how to register for your CSS Account.
- How to Apply for Permits in CSS - Step by step guide on how to apply for permits (registration required).
- How to Check the Status of Your Permit in CSS - Guide on how to check the status of your permit through your CSS dashboard.
- Applications & Information - This page provides you with a comprehensive list of the permits and services we offer at the City. Here you can find information such as fees, submittal items required, and fillable forms related to each application.
- Document Submissions Standards - Guidelines for submitting plans associated with building permits and the discretionary planning process.
- How to Create a Permit Template in CSS - Step by step guide on how to apply for permits. Useful if you will be applying for the same permit more than once over time (registration required).
- How to Request a Copy of Building Plans - Step by step guide on how to request a copy of building plans.
- How to Use the Map Feature - Learn how to use the Map feature to see what development is going on in your neighborhood (registration not required).
- How to Resubmit Your Files - Step by step guide on how to resubmit files after a failed review.
- How to Print Your Permit in CSS - Step by step guide on printing your permit.
- How to Download Your Approved Plans in CSS - Step by Step guide on how to download your approved plans.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
Engineering-Land Development Division
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts
San Dieguito Water District (SDWD)